How to Root Google Nexus 5X On Android 8.0 Oreo – Here we come back with a new tutorial about Root Google Nexus 5X On Android 8.0 Oreo. Google has released Android 8.0 Oreo for Nexus, Pixel Devices. Android 8.0 Oreo is coming with some amazing new features and optimizations. Google launched Nexus 5X a few years back and it was designed and manufactured by Motorola. The Smartphone came with Android Marshmallow latest update then was updated to Android Nougat 7.0 later, now getting the most recent version of Android Oreo 8.0.
Also Check – How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus 5X
Android 8.0 Oreo is now available for the Nexus 5X, Pixel XL, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5X and Pixel C phones and tablet. The Update brings several new features like Notification dots, Picture-in-picture mode, Username/password autofill for apps, New Settings screen, Android Instant Apps and much more.
Now You can easily Root Google Nexus 5X On Android 8.0 Oreo. Follow below steps and you can easily root your Nexus 5x on latest Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we provide a full tutorial on Root Google Nexus 5X On Android 8.0 Oreo. By Root, you can easily change anything and also flash Any Custom ROM & other things.
Disclaimer – FoneGyaan.com is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This root method is only for Android 8.0 (OPR6) installed on Nexus 5X and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Nexus 5X on other carriers.
- Your Nexus 5X bootloader should be unlocked.
- Nexus 5X should be on Android 8.0 OPR6 software version.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
Download Required Files
How to Root Google Nexus 5X On Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools separate package and install on your computer. Check out below links.
2. Enable USB Debugging mode in your Nexus 5X.
3. Then Download SuperSU v2.82 SR3 from above link for Nexus 5X on your PC.
4. Connect and mount your Nexus 5X USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
5. Now copy and paste the SR3-SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244.zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card / internal storage root.
6. Now Switch Off Your device and Download twrp-3.1.1-0-bullhead.img from above link and save it into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
7. Connect your Google Pixel to your computer using the USB cable.
8. Now take to your device into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons.
9. Navigate to the same directory now as for where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.
10. Type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-0-bullhead.img
11. Once you enter the command, the phone will boot into TWRP. Now use the “Install” option to flash the “””” zip file. This will ensure your TWRP doesn’t get reset to stock on reboot.
12. Now using your volume keys, navigate to SR3-SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244.zip and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
13. After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the Recovery menu.
14. Done..!! The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait..!!
You Have Successfully Root Your Google Nexus 5X On Android 8.0 Oreo..!! 🙂 If you facing any issue related this tutorial then comment us below in comment section..!! (y)