How To Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM On Asus Zenfone 5 – Recently Google has released Android 8.0 Oreo For Google Pixel And Nexus Devices. Android 8.0 Oreo is coming with some amazing new features and optimizations. After successfully install Android 8.0 Oreo On Asus Zenfone 5, You can get All Android 8.0 Oreo Feature on your Asus Zenfone 5 device.
Android 8.0 Oreo is now available for the Nexus 5X, Pixel XL, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5X and Pixel C phones and tablet. The Update brings several new features like Notification dots, Picture-in-picture mode, Username/password autofill for apps, New Settings screen, Android Instant Apps and much more.
Google has released its latest Android OS ‘Android Oreo‘ for their Pixel and Nexus devices and also Google released Android Oreo Source code, so developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo. Asus Zenfone 5 launched 3 years ago. Initially, the phone was released with Android Jelly bean. it has now released the Android Oreo update. The ROM brings several new features like Notification dots, Picture-in-picture mode, Username/password autofill for apps, New Settings screen, Android Instant Apps and much more.
The ROM released for Asus Zenfone 5 is based on AOSP and it is currently in the initial Alpha stages. There are WiFi and the Bluetooth two things that are working without any issues in this Alpha build and Other features like the sensors, radio, audio and media are not working as of now. So check out below steps for Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM On Asus Zenfone 5.
Disclaimer – FoneGyaan.com is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
What is not Working
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Downloads Required Files
- Download Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM For Asus Zenfone 5
- Download Official Latest Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps
Install Android Oreo 8.0 AOSP ROM On Asus Zenfone 5
- First Unlock your device bootloader and Install TWRP Recovery.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo (AOSP) ROM for Asus Zenfone 5 and Gapps from above link.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery by Press and hold “Volume down + Power” buttons until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset on the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the Android 8.0 Oreo (AOSP) zip file which you have saved in your device.
- After the installation process is completed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, tap on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now, Go back to TWRP main menu and repeat the same process for install GApps.
- Reboot your device.
If you have any issue regarding this tutorial then comment us below in comment section..!!