How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus – We come back with a new tutorial about Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus. Recently Motorola has launched its latest two new smartphones Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus. Moto G5S comes with a 5.2-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core SoC clocked up to 1.4GHz, coupled with 4GB of RAM where Moto G5S Plus comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform and runs on Android 7 Nougat.
Here We provide a full tutorial about How To Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus. You can easily unlock Bootloader of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus. By Unlock Bootloader, You can flash ROM, root your phone, or install a custom recovery. But you should be warned that unlocking Moto G5s Plus bootloader may void its warranty.
So You can check out below steps for unlocking Bootloader of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus. Read the below note carefully before you unlock the bootloader of Moto G5s/Plus.
- Unlocking your device may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus
- First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
- After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter the folder, and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
- Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
- Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter the fastboot mode of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus, type the below command in command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
6. In the command window, type the following command.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
7. the above command will return a string. Now copy the code in notepad and delete all the blank space so that you will get a single line string.
8. Now head over to the Motorola’s unlock the bootloader site and create a free account or Sign in Google+.
9. Now Paste the above String (Unlock Code) in the bottom of the Moto site (step 6) and click on Can my device be unlocked? You also need to accept terms and conditions on this page by clicking I Accept.
10. The unlock key will be sent to your E-Mail ID, which you used to register at Motorola site.
11. Now copy the Unlock Key and execute the following command.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_KEY
12. The above command will Unlock Bootloader of Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus.
13. Reboot and done.