Google Pixel and Pixel XL – Google’s Nexus series has been rocking since 2010, and it’s changed a lot in partener with numerous different OEMs over the years – HTC,Samsung, LG, Motorola and Huawei. but now it’s time to say goodbye to Nexus. Google recently launched 2 New flagship devices Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL.Both the devices Come with same specifications while the Pixel has a 5 inch display and the later one has aa 5.5 inch.
Both devices come with Android 7.1 Nougat & Both phones are fully made by Google.Both the devices come with latest and Amazing specifications.Google Pixel and Pixel XL come with Snapdragon 821 CPU which is first for any device. if you want to root your device or want to install a custom recovery,ROMs,Kernel & MODs Then first you have to unlock bootloader on your google pixel & pixel XL. Once the bootloader is unlocked you can Flash modified system, boot, kernel, custom recovery(TWRP/CWM) or other .img files on your device.
- Make sure there is at least 80% battery left on your smartphone before begin this tutorial
- This process will erase all your user data.
- Jaysathwara.com is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Google Pixel / Pixel XL while following this tutorial.Try at your own risk.
- Enable your phone developer option.
- Install Android ADB and Fastboot on Windows. (Using Drivers)
- First take a full backup of your important data.
- Install USB Drivers on your computer.
Guide To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- First Connect your android device with your PC Via USB Cable.
- Now go to ADB & fastboot folder and Open the command window there(Right click on the empty space inside the folder then select “Open command window here” option to launch a cmd window)
- Now reboot your phone into the bootloader by the following commands. (Make sure your device is detected by your PC)
adb reboot bootloader
- Now Check fastboot connectivity by Using below the command below. If your device is connected properly then it will show your device code.
- Once in the bootloader, issue the following fastboot command to unlock the bootloader. (This will unlock your phone and wipe all data of your device)
fastboot oem unlock
- finally done…!! Reboot the phone and boot into your unlocked device. Use command:
- To check the bootloader status, issue the command given below. It should return “True” on unlock status.
- If you use Mac or Linux machine, use the code: “./fastboot oem unlock” for iOS and “sudo fastboot oem unlock” on Linux.