How to Downgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8 – Here again we come back with the new tutorial where you can easily Downgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8. In This tutorial, you can easily Downgrade xiaomi phone from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8. Recently Xioami has released MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM for many devices and many users already updated their phone to MIUI 9. The MIUI 9 Update is quite stable but If you update your phone but don’t like the update for any reason then don’t worry here we come back with a new tutorial about Downgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8. So check out below steps for Downgrade xiaomi phone from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- The following process is not tested by me but reported by many users that it works well
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in-between the process.
Download Files Of Downgrade Xiaomi Device to MIUI 8
How To Downgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8 Using Recovery ROM
Note – make sure your device running on latest MIUI 9 Version.
- First Download MIUI 8 Recovery ROM from above link and save it on your device (Rename the Recovery ROM to update.zip)
- Now launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device.
- Now click on the three-dot menu (‘…’ icon) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- Now Select the MIUI 8 zip file and select OK to start the flashing process.
- That’s it..!!
How To Downgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8 Using Fastboot ROM
- First Download Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your PC.
- Now download MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM for your device.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
- Connect your device to PC via micro USB cable.
- Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC.
- Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied from above.
- First, click on the ‘Refresh‘ button (It will automatically recognize your device) and then click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 8 ROM on Xiaomi Devices.
- Wait for some time to complete the process.
- Done. Your device will boot on the latest version.
Downgrade MIUI 9 to MIUI 8 on Rooted Phone Using TWRP Recovery
- First Download MIUI 8 Recovery ROM from above link and save it on your device.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode by press and hold Volume UP + Power button.
- enter into recovery mode and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- That’s it..!!
If you have any doubt or any issue regarding this Tutorial then comment us below in comment section..!!! 🙂