How To bring back WhatsApp Old Status Feature – Hey everyone, whatsapp rolled out new status feature but didn’t receive the type of feedback it expected. It was met with a lot of criticism from many users who wanted the old text-based status message back. Now, with WhatsApp’s latest beta, the company is testing just that. In the latest Android beta version 2.17.95, users are now seeing the revival of the old status message feature.
The feature is still being tested, but this indicates that it should arrive in the stable version soon. If you want to use it immediately, we suggest you sign up for the WhatsApp beta community in Google Play. You can also check out below whatsapp beta version 2.17.95 download link.
Download WhatsApp Latest Beta Version
How To bring back WhatsApp Old Status Feature
- First using above link Download the old WhatsApp apk (v2.17.60).
- Navigate to your Android device’s settings > Security (Security and Fingerprint in some devices) > Enable Unknown Sources. Ignore the warning.
- To downgrade your current WhatsApp version, you will first need to uninstall it from your device. But before that make sure you backup your WhatsApp Chat. To do this, Open WhatsApp > Settings > Chat Backup > Backup. You will get options to either backup locally or backup over Google Drive. Skip Google Drive Backup if your internet connection is not fast enough.
- Once the chat backup is complete, uninstall the WhatsApp app from your device. Go to device Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Uninstall. If WhatsApp came pre-installed on your device, you can try uninstalling updates.
- Next, place the file downloaded in Step 1, anywhere onto your device. We recommend you save it somewhere which is easily locatable.
- Install the apk from your device’s file manager, verify and activate your number. Voila! The old WhatsApp is back.